- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- Pierce each sweet potato twice with fork so excess steam can escape while cooking. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning over halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove skin from the sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Mash until smooth and well blended. Serve immediately.
To Boil Sweet Potatoes: Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch chunks. Place in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover 1 inch over sweet potatoes. Bring to boil; cover. Cook on medium-low heat 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.PRINT