Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Yield: 3 -1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 to 2 cups M&M's® Chocolate Candies
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Stir in 1 cup candies, if desired.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Gently flatten each cookie using fingers OR a flat-bottomed drinking glass (dipped in sugar to prevent sticking). Press in additional candies to decorate.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorating Tip: Microwave 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in a small resealable plastic bag on HIGH (100%) for 30 to 60 seconds, until melted. Snip off corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over cookies. While chocolate is still soft, decorate with additional candies.