Shiitake Mushroom Log Kit from Lost Creek Mushroom Farm:
- Contain all-natural, organic, ready-to-fruit hardwood logs inoculated with high-quality shiitake spawn.
- Grow indoors in room light and room temperature and/or outside in shade.
- Immerse logs in ice water and soak for 24 hours to trigger fruiting. Mushrooms sprout in 6-10 days. Harvest 2-4 days later. Soak in non-chlorinated water every 2 weeks.
- The Original Log Kit with a single log and a soaking tray grows fresh shiitake mushrooms every two months. The Ma & Pa Kit with two smaller logs produces mushrooms every month by alternating the fruiting logs. For the biggest harvest at the best price, see our online Best Buys on two original kits shipped to the same address. Keep one and give one as a gift!
- Our Original Log Kit usually produces about 1/4 to 1/3 pound of mushrooms the start, with more as the log matures. Ma & Pa Log Kit produces fewer mushrooms per log when fruited every month, but the same amount or more overall. Two logs fruited together yield more.
- All logs come with clear, easy instructions and eight delicious recipes.
- Logs in log kits are guaranteed to fruit. Little 'Shroomies are not guaranteed because of the shipping costs to return and replace them, but they are inoculated and perform the same way as the larger logs.